Please join us for PrintAustin’s annual Steamroller Print Event, held during EXPO on February 11, 2023, from 12pm-done. The steamroller print event is organized by PrintAustin in partnership with Texas A&M University-Kingsville Department of Art, Communications and Theatre, and is partly supported by the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Austin Economic Development Department and the Still Water Foundation. We are asking that all registrants help out in some capacity. There’s a chance we won’t need you after you print your block, but likely we’ll need you to be a clean-hands person for a few runs, or perhaps at clean-up, we’ll need you to help dismantle the tent. We ask that participants be mindful of the folks volunteering to run the event and offer assistance. Thank you!
The cost to participate: $35
The steamroller print event generates community engagement, teamwork, and education. Please keep your blocks family-friendly.
S P E C I F I C A T I O N S
• Where: Blue Genie Big Top, 6100 Airport Blvd
• When: Saturday, February 11, 2023, weather permitting (refunds will be issued should we be rained out or unable to secure a dry location)
• Print Theme: None
• Printing Time: 12pm – 4pm, Blocks will be printed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• Block/Image Size: Maximum Size: 30” X 48”, Minimum Size: 24”x 30”
• Block Thickness: Maximum Size: ¾ inches, Minimum Size: ½ inches
• Block Condition: Blocks must be sealed with shellac or polyurethane and dry. Particles from unsealed blocks and wet shellac or polyurethane ruin the ink and brayer. Unsealed and wet blocks will not be printed.
• Each block will be printed once; twice, time permitting
• Please either take your print at the end of the event on Sunday
• The Artist is responsible for cleaning ink off their block: Please bring supplies for your needs. In the past, some artists have enclosed their blocks in large plastic contractor bags for easy transport to clean at a different location. Please remove or dispose of your block by the end of the event.
• PRINTAUSTIN will provide ink and paper and limited cleaning supplies.
• Help is welcome and much appreciated!
• Artists are welcome to sell their print during the event: The artist is responsible for pricing print and transaction of monies resulting from any sale. PrintAustin and/or organizers are not responsible for any money transactions during the event.
• Questions? email@example.com