Please join us for PrintAustin’s third Steamroller Print Event on Saturday, February 10, 2019 in the parking lot of Canopy (916 Springdale Road). Nearby will be our PrintExpo and Bin Fest at the Museum of Human Achievement. The steamroller print event is organized by PrintAustin in partnership with Texas A&M University-Kingsville Department of Art, Communications and Theatre, and is supported in part by the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Austin Economic Development Department, and the Still Water Foundation.
Please let us know if you’re interested in becoming a sponsor.
Cost to participate: $35
The steamroller print event generates an environment of community engagement, teamwork and education. Please keep your blocks family-friendly.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PARTICIPATING ARTISTS
• Where: 916 Springdale Road, Austin, TX 78702
• When: Saturday, February 10, 2018, weather permitting (refunds will be issued should we be rained out or unable to secure a dry location)
• Print Theme: None
• Printing Time: 12PM – 5PM, Blocks will be printed on a first come first serve basis.
• Block/Image Size: Maximum Size: 30” X 48”, Minimum Size: 24”x 30”
• Block Thickness: Maximum Size: ¾ inches, Minimum Size: ½ inches
• Block Condition: Blocks must be sealed with shellac or polyurethane and must be dry. Particles from unsealed blocks and wet shellac or polyurethane ruin the ink and brayer. Unsealed and wet blocks will not be printed.
• Each block will be printed once; twice, time permitting
• Please either take your print at the end of the event, or pick up Monday during business hours
• The Artist is responsible for cleaning ink off their block: Please bring supplies for your needs. In the past, some artists have enclosed their blocks in large plastic contractor bags for easy transport to clean at a different location. Please remove or dispose of your block by the end of the event.
• PRINTAUSTIN will provide ink and paper, and limited cleaning supplies.
• Help is welcome and much appreciated!
• Artists are welcome to sell their print during event: The artist is responsible for pricing print and transaction of monies resulting from any sale. PrintAustin and/or organizers are not responsible for any money transactions during event.
• Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org