Please join us for PrintAustin’s annual Steamroller Print Event, held during EXPO and BinFest, February 2, 2019. The steamroller print event is organized by PrintAustin in partnership with Texas A&M University-Kingsville Department of Art, Communications and Theatre, and is supported in part by the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Austin Economic Development Department, and the Still Water Foundation.
The cost to participate: $35
Steamroller artists to date: Junanne Peck
The steamroller print event generates an environment of community engagement, teamwork and education. Please keep your blocks family-friendly.
S P E C I F I C A T I O N S
• Where: Blue Genie Big Top, 6100 Airport Blvd
• When: Saturday, February 2, 2019, weather permitting (refunds will be issued should we be rained out or unable to secure a dry location)
• Print Theme: None
• Printing Time: 12PM – 5PM, Blocks will be printed on a first come first serve basis.
• Block/Image Size: Maximum Size: 30” X 48”, Minimum Size: 24”x 30”
• Block Thickness: Maximum Size: ¾ inches, Minimum Size: ½ inches
• Block Condition: Blocks must be sealed with shellac or polyurethane and must be dry. Particles from unsealed blocks and wet shellac or polyurethane ruin the ink and brayer. Unsealed and wet blocks will not be printed.
• Each block will be printed once; twice, time permitting
• Please either take your print at the end of the event or pick up Monday during business hours
• The Artist is responsible for cleaning ink off their block: Please bring supplies for your needs. In the past, some artists have enclosed their blocks in large plastic contractor bags for easy transport to clean at a different location. Please remove or dispose of your block by the end of the event.
• PRINTAUSTIN will provide ink and paper, and limited cleaning supplies.
• Help is welcome and much appreciated!
• Artists are welcome to sell their print during the event: The artist is responsible for pricing print and transaction of monies resulting from any sale. PrintAustin and/or organizers are not responsible for any money transactions during the event.
• Questions? email@example.com
PrintAustin has implemented a membership feature and if you sign up for the lump sum, you can receive 10% off your fee, a discount on other calls, get a listing in our membership directory, and attend members-only events, but most importantly, support us! Visit this link for more information to sign up and get your discount code.