Achievement of Social Change
The goals of the Serie Project are as follows:
- Promote local, national, and international artists from various professional levels and ethnic backgrounds.
- Produce and exhibit works by established and emerging artists with emphasis on the cultural diversity of the Latino community.
- Promote awareness of Latino art and its importance in the community.
- Encourage artists to explore the serigraph print medium and establish communication between participants.
- Foster a physical and human environment of encouragement for artists and art producers.
- Allow all participants to benefit from the interchange of ideas and experience.
- Make fine art available to the public through affordable, signed, and numbered prints.
- Partner with museums and galleries around the United States in order to reach as many people as possible through the exhibition of the prints.
St. John's Branch of the Austin Public Library, 7500 Blessing Ave Austin, Texas 78752
About the Organizer/Venue
St. John Branch
7500 Blessing Ave.
Monday - Thursday 10 AM - 9 PM
Friday 10 AM - 6 PM
Saturday 10 AM - 4 PM
Carlos Rodriguez-Brondo has been curating art shows for the last 25 years. For him, it's a way to share art with the community, a way to get people thinking and talking about it, but for the last 13 years, he has been developing exhibits that showcase local artists in various APL branches. In his words, "an artist is always looking for a venue and what better place than in the library."
Visited 360 times, 1 Visit today